Northern Suburbs News
Tarrytown worker hurt when plow crashes through ice
TARRYTOWN (WABC) -- A tractor removing snow from a reservoir went through the ice and crashed into the water in Westchester County Thursday morning.
The incident happened at the Tarrytown Reservoir just before 11 a.m.
Police say the driver managed to escape the sinking rig before it was submerged.
He was rushed to the hospital by Greenburgh EMS with symptoms of hypothermia, and was treated and released.
Tarrytown Police say the Recreation Department was plowing snow off of the reservoir when it went through the ice. His identity has not been released.
The tractor was removed from the water after the incident.
westchester news, westchester county, tarrytown, ice, rescue, northern suburbs news
- Boston police destroy 2 backpacks at marathon site
- weather: AccuTrack Interactive Radar
- AccuWeather: Sharply Colder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Driver arrested after teens get drunk, trash party bus
- Photos: Teenagers trash party bus
- Photos released of man wanted for harassing teen Muslim girl
- NYPD to end Muslim surveillance program
- MLB marks 67th anniversary of Jackie Robinson debut
- Miley Cyrus skips concert, is hospitalized
- Boston marks 1 year since deadly Marathon bombings
- Dog saved from burning home in Brooklyn by FDNY
- 13-year-old bystander shot in head in Brooklyn
- Baby found in Victoria's Secret bag died of asphyxia
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos