Northern Suburbs News
Hudson Valley woman accused of leaving 6-year old home alone
HUDSON, N.Y. (WABC) -- Authorities say a Hudson Valley woman has been charged with endangering the welfare of a child after her 6-year-old daughter called 911 and told dispatchers her mother had left her home alone.
State police and police in Hudson say they went to a home in the city on Saturday after Columbia County emergency dispatchers say a girl called and told them she was home alone and scared.
Troopers and Hudson officers learned the girl had been left alone for several hours. After several more hours, the girl's 27-year-old mother was located by police in an apparent impaired condition.
She's due back in court on Tuesday.
The child remains in the care of county Child Protective Services.
child endangerment, northern suburbs news
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- AccuWeather: Sharply Colder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Sketch released of suspect in East Village sex assault
- Boston police destroy 2 backpacks at marathon site
- Photos: Boston Marathon: One year later
- Teen clerk beaten in Astoria deli robbery; $30,000 stolen
- 3 dead, 292 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Camera catches Bronx home invaders using victim's card 18 min ago
- Man arrested in unprovoked Brooklyn subway platform assault 7 min ago
- Driver arrested after teens get drunk, trash party bus
- Photos: Teenagers trash party bus
- Man says he was unjustly pepper sprayed by police
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos