Northern Suburbs News
Metro-North worker charged with public indecency
FAIRFIELD (WABC) -- A Metro-North employee is under arrest in Connecticut after police say he was masturbating in front of a woman on a train.
The incident happened aboard the 7:35 a.m. train from Grand Central Terminal to New Haven.
According to detectives, the victim claimed the man was masturbating in front of her while she was sleeping, then ran off the train when it stopped at the Fairfield station at 9:15 a.m. The train was held while Fairfield and MTA police responded and searched the train and the area around the station.
Manny Ramos, 34, of Brooklyn, was identified by the victim and apprehended on a nearby street.
He is charged with public indecency.
Sources say Ramos was hired as a coach cleaner in October 2011 and had been in an engineer training program since March of last year.
He was immediately suspended without pay, and disciplinary charges will be filed.
The investigation is ongoing.
connecticut news, connecticut, fairfield, new haven, metro north, sexual assault, northern suburbs news
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody 36 min ago
- 4 charged in Elizabeth auto body shop robbery
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park
- Suspect in custody in attempted baby abduction
- Sparta crash injures woman and 8-year old son
- NYPD policy revised; officers should take stairs in fire
- Animal activists protest outside Liam Neeson's home
- Another delayed GM recall detailed by new documents 18 min ago
- Weekend subway changes affecting 11 lines