Northern Suburbs News
Metro-North worker charged with public indecency
FAIRFIELD (WABC) -- A Metro-North employee is under arrest in Connecticut after police say he was masturbating in front of a woman on a train.
The incident happened aboard the 7:35 a.m. train from Grand Central Terminal to New Haven.
According to detectives, the victim claimed the man was masturbating in front of her while she was sleeping, then ran off the train when it stopped at the Fairfield station at 9:15 a.m. The train was held while Fairfield and MTA police responded and searched the train and the area around the station.
Manny Ramos, 34, of Brooklyn, was identified by the victim and apprehended on a nearby street.
He is charged with public indecency.
Sources say Ramos was hired as a coach cleaner in October 2011 and had been in an engineer training program since March of last year.
He was immediately suspended without pay, and disciplinary charges will be filed.
The investigation is ongoing.
connecticut news, connecticut, fairfield, new haven, metro north, sexual assault, northern suburbs news
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- AccuWeather: March roller coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Police search for missing 11-year-old Brooklyn boy
- 4-year closure of Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp begins
- Search continues for missing plane; 2 flew on stolen passports
- UWS street to be renamed after 4-year-old Ariel Russo
- Success Academy parents to sue in charter school fight 55 min ago
- Obama to meet with Ukraine prime minister Wednesday 39 min ago
- NY-native bank robbery suspect nabbed after selfies 17 min ago
- Justin Bieber due in Toronto court on assault charge 7 min ago
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos