Northern Suburbs News
3-alarm fire burns through New Rochelle apartment complex
NEW ROCHELLE (WABC) -- Firefighters battled a three-alarm fire Saturday at a garden apartment complex in New Rochelle.
The fire was first reported at about 10 a.m. at 472 Pelham Road.
One firefighter fell out of a third story window and broke his arm. A man was also injured, and was transported to Montefiore New Rochelle Hospital with smoke inhalation. He is expected to survive.
About 20 apartments were displaced by the fire. The Red Cross set up a shelter at the Hugh A Doyle Senior Center for those who are affected.
The fire was placed under control around noon.
There is no word yet on what sparked the blaze.
new rochelle, fire, northern suburbs news
- Missing Malaysia jet may have turned back 1 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Police investigating double shooting in Brooklyn
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run
- Mayor de Blasio continues to rally for universal Pre-K
- Noise complaint turns into Queens drug bust
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Proposed teacher layoffs in Newark set off dispute
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Stage collapses at California high school: 3040 hurt 18 min ago
- Melo scores 26, Knicks beat Cavs 107-97