Northern Suburbs News
3-alarm fire burns through New Rochelle apartment complex
NEW ROCHELLE (WABC) -- Firefighters battled a three-alarm fire Saturday at a garden apartment complex in New Rochelle.
The fire was first reported at about 10 a.m. at 472 Pelham Road.
One firefighter fell out of a third story window and broke his arm. A man was also injured, and was transported to Montefiore New Rochelle Hospital with smoke inhalation. He is expected to survive.
About 20 apartments were displaced by the fire. The Red Cross set up a shelter at the Hugh A Doyle Senior Center for those who are affected.
The fire was placed under control around noon.
There is no word yet on what sparked the blaze.
new rochelle, fire, northern suburbs news
- At least 1 dead, 15 hurt in East Harlem explosion 3 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Photos: East Harlem explosion 13 min ago
- LI hospital warns of possible blood contamination
- Crime down across New York City, except in parks
- Trial begins for New Jersey man accused of killing daughter
- NYC rape-murder cannibal conspiracy trial headed to jury
- New Jersey bank robber caught after forgetting keys
- Elderly jaywalker roughed up during arrest due in court
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- No winner: Mega Millions jackpot surges to $353 million
- Happy Birthday! Idea that spawned internet turns 25