Northern Suburbs News
Dutchess County hit and run kills 2 Bard College students
TIVOLI, N.Y. (WABC) -- A woman is under arrest after a hit and run accident that killed two Bard College students Friday night in the Dutchess County village of Tivoli.
It happened at about 11:50 p.m. in the area of Route 9G and Broadway.
Investigators say the students were among three people hit while they were walking northbound on 9G.
The victims have been identified as 20-year old Evelina Martin Brown of Seattle, Washington and 19-year old Sarah McCausland of Winnetka, Illinois.
The vehicle involved left the scene and was located by deputies a short time later, according to police.
Authorities say the driver charged is 63-year old Carol Boeck of Red Hook, N.Y.
She has been charged with Felony DWI (Class E Felony due to a prior conviction) and Vehicular Manslaughter 1st Degree, which is a Class C Felony.
Boeck was arraigned at the Village of Tivoli Court, and was remanded to the Dutchess County Jail in lieu of $50,000 cash bail or $100,000 bond.
hit and run accident, dutchess county, northern suburbs news
- Suspect identified in attempted baby abduction 2 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Party shooting leaves Kean U. student injured 59 min ago
- Shot Brooklyn teen speaks out; Man in custody
- Search for suspects in Riverhead robbery and assault
- Robbery suspect in custody after Astoria manhunt
- 12 dead, 3 missing in Mount Everest avalanche
- Video released in murder of Brooklyn bodega clerk
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Police identify suspect in Bronx subway exposure
- Alleged serial bank robber nabbed in Greenwich Village
- Suspect identified in attempted baby...
2 min ago