Northern Suburbs News
Dutchess County hit and run kills 2 Bard College students
TIVOLI, N.Y. (WABC) -- A woman is under arrest after a hit and run accident that killed two Bard College students Friday night in the Dutchess County village of Tivoli.
It happened at about 11:50 p.m. in the area of Route 9G and Broadway.
Investigators say the students were among three people hit while they were walking northbound on 9G.
The victims have been identified as 20-year old Evelina Martin Brown of Seattle, Washington and 19-year old Sarah McCausland of Winnetka, Illinois.
The vehicle involved left the scene and was located by deputies a short time later, according to police.
Authorities say the driver charged is 63-year old Carol Boeck of Red Hook, N.Y.
She has been charged with Felony DWI (Class E Felony due to a prior conviction) and Vehicular Manslaughter 1st Degree, which is a Class C Felony.
Boeck was arraigned at the Village of Tivoli Court, and was remanded to the Dutchess County Jail in lieu of $50,000 cash bail or $100,000 bond.
hit and run accident, dutchess county, northern suburbs news
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx 4 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- JFK baggage handlers charged with theft
- Victim in possible NYC 'knockout game' attack speaks out
- Wallington firefighter killed in blaze laid to rest 13 min ago
- Demolition underway after NJ fire; Questions linger
- Arrests in counterfeit health and beauty products case
- Bridget Kelly fights order to give up Bridgegate records
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Ukraine base in Crimea under siege 20 min ago
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Wallington firefighter killed in blaze laid...
13 min ago
- Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
20 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos