Northern Suburbs News
Snow slows travel in Connecticut
SOUTH NORWALK (WABC) -- The one residual effect of this storm is the train service on the new haven line. They have not been running their normal service.
New Haven bound trains were running every hour for most of the afternoon, service affected by ice buildup on the overhead catenary wires supplying power.
"It was a couple of minutes late but so was everything today," Chris Zilinek said.
Even Danielle Waddell's connecting bus service.
"It was late. They didn't start running until later so I had to wait at the train station for about three hours," Danielle Waddell said.
Down in Darien at Bill Elam's Shell station, he was operating the bobcat to clear snow so customers could get to the pumps.
"It's the best tool to have," station owner Bill Elam said. He says the station kept busy thanks to the commercial trucks that kept rolling despite the snow.
Through the center of town plows too were kept busy once the snow and ice had stopped.
Nicholas and Steven Tarnowsky were busy with one of four jobs clearing sidewalks.
"The more snow we get the harder it is to find a place to put it. Luckily we got a wall here," Nicholas said.
Just outside, Jodi Manjuck's flower shop was one of the few businesses to open.
"Actually I had some order that came in, so we are busy. All the way to Fairfield and Wilton, but that's ok," she said.
connecticut news, connecticut, northern suburbs news, tim fleischer
- Vietnam spots oil slicks in hunt for missing jet
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Man in coma after Long Island City hit and run
- Photo released of Queens bank robbery suspect
- Hicksville car crash kills 81-year old woman
- Newtown to DC bike ride to push for gun control
- Mom accused of driving into surf with kids goes to court
- Mega Millions jackpot at $309 million after no winner
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' fame dies at 92
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014