Northern Suburbs News
Stolen puppy tossed out car window after Middletown break-in
DEERPARK (WABC) -- A puppy stolen in Pennsylvania was rescued following a break-in at an Orange County home Saturday afternoon.
Police in Middletown say a Deerpark man called 911 Saturday afternoon to report that several suspects were attempting to break into his home.
A suspect armed with a handgun broke in the front door while the caller was on the phone.
Police say the burglars fled the scene, but their car was tracked down in Port Jervis by a state trooper.
As a trooper tried to pull them over, a brown-and-white pit bull puppy was thrown from the car.
The car was stopped and Trayquan Lee, 19; Raheem V. McKinoon, 19; John Shortt, 20 and a 15-year-old male from Port Jervis were arrested. They were charged with Burglary in the first degree, and Criminal Use of a Firearm.
The unhurt puppy was returned to its Matamoras, Pa., owners, whose 55-inch TV was also stolen.
orange county, northern suburbs news
- Hospital warns of possible blood contamination
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- South Brunswick elderly couple robbed and scammed
- Store workers fight back during Bushwick robbery
- Fort Lee students to make up snow days
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center
- Pharmacists accused in HIV medication scam
- Ferry service to resume between Haverstraw, Ossining
- Malaysia plane changed direction, military says
- Obama, in NYC for fundraising trip, shops at Gap
- Photos: Huge fire damages San Francisco building
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures