Northern Suburbs News
Emergency pothole repairs at Tappan Zee Bridge
NYACK (WABC) -- Emergency repairs are underway on another major pothole problem in the area.
The New York State Thruway Authority announced the repair work is beginning Wednesday night on the northbound roadway immediately after the Tappan Zee Bridge in Rockland County.
The authority said the repairs would last several hours, addressing potholes between mile markers 16.1 and 16.4.
Drivers are being warned that hazardous conditions, including large potholes and deteriorated pavement, persist on the roadway.
They are advised to use slow speed and extra caution while exiting the Tappan Zee Bridge heading northbound.
As a precaution, the speed limit on the northbound direction of the Tappan Zee Bridge has been reduced to 35 mph.
Electronic signboards and the Highway Advisory Radio (530 AM) will update motorists about possible delays.
northern suburbs news
- Designer L'Wren Scott dead in apparent suicide 2 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cold Afternoon 30 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- St. Pat's parade proceeds amid tension over gays 34 min ago
- Shelton teen critical after being shot in head
- Cop shoots pit bull in Bronx apartment building
- 5-year-old struck and killed in Brooklyn
- Rubble cleared, East Harlem blast investigation ramps up 33 min ago
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Crimea parliament declares independence after vote
- Los Angeles earthquake felt by residents
- Photos: Dancing With The Stars Season 18 cast
- Photos: 2014 NYC Half Marathon
- St. Pat's parade proceeds amid tension over...
34 min ago
- Rubble cleared, East Harlem blast...
33 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cold Afternoon
30 min ago