Northern Suburbs News
Emergency pothole repairs at Tappan Zee Bridge
NYACK (WABC) -- Emergency repairs are underway on another major pothole problem in the area.
The New York State Thruway Authority announced the repair work is beginning Wednesday night on the northbound roadway immediately after the Tappan Zee Bridge in Rockland County.
The authority said the repairs would last several hours, addressing potholes between mile markers 16.1 and 16.4.
Drivers are being warned that hazardous conditions, including large potholes and deteriorated pavement, persist on the roadway.
They are advised to use slow speed and extra caution while exiting the Tappan Zee Bridge heading northbound.
As a precaution, the speed limit on the northbound direction of the Tappan Zee Bridge has been reduced to 35 mph.
Electronic signboards and the Highway Advisory Radio (530 AM) will update motorists about possible delays.
northern suburbs news
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
- AccuWeather: A Little Cooler 12 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody 17 min ago
- 4 charged in Elizabeth auto body shop robbery
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park
- Man retrieving item from tracks hit by subway train
- Sparta crash injures woman and 8-year old son
- NYPD policy revised; officers should take stairs in fire
- Animal activists protest outside Liam Neeson's home
- Another delayed GM recall detailed by new documents
- Weekend subway changes affecting 11 lines
- AccuWeather: A Little Cooler
12 min ago