Northern Suburbs News
Fire burns through home in Mount Vernon
MOUNT VERNON, New York (WABC) -- Fire crews are on the scene battling a blaze in Mount Vernon in Westchester County.
The 2nd alarm fire gutted the home on South 7th avenue just after 9 a.m. The fire was believed to have started in the basement of the home, which was divided into two apartments.
Fire officials say all the residents of the home were able to get out safely.
A firefighter suffered minor injuries.
"Fire was coming out of the basement window and first floor window (when we arrived) People were evacuated when we got here and we assisted in the evacuation," said Deputy Chief Michael Corrato.
Six people of an extended family were left homeless due to the fire.
westchester news, westchester county, northern suburbs news
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door 57 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy
- Man found shot to death in Bronx apartment
- Noise complaint turns into Queens drug bust
- Crash on Garden State Parkway leaves 1 dead, 2 hurt
- Liam Neeson to tour stables in NYC carriage horse debate 24 min ago
- Sen. Rand Paul wins CPAC presidential straw poll
- Viewpoint on WABC-TV
- Here and Now
- Tiempo on WABC-TV
- Up Close with Diana Williams
- Vietnam says it may have found missing...
57 min ago