San Francisco News
Rare Alcatraz artifacts on display for one day
SAN FRANCISCO -- Some artifacts from Alcatraz that you won't find on the island are going on display, and you only have one chance to see them.
We're talking about FBI evidence collected during the famous inmate escape. There are also prison blueprints.
These items are part of the National Park Service Archives, which preserves history from the Presidio and the Golden Gate National Recreation Area dating back to the Civil War.
But they'll only be out Saturday from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. in the Presidio for the public to see.
For details on this event, click here.
alcatraz, presidio, FBI, san francisco news
- Photos: Bronx River Parkway crash
- AccuWeather Forecast: More Snow On The Way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Wintry mix causes slick roads, massive pileup
- NJ Transit cross-honoring tickets system-wide
- Nelson Mandela memorial set for Tuesday in Soweto
- Obama to pay tribute to Mandela in South Africa
- Tough new NYC cockroaches can withstand winter cold
- MTA announces new safety measures after derailment
- Newtown victims families deliver statement 22 min ago
- Joe Torre elected to Baseball Hall of Fame
- Photos: AccuWeather Forecast in pictures
- Photos: Wintry Mix Hits Tri-State Area