San Francisco News
Rare Alcatraz artifacts on display for one day
SAN FRANCISCO -- Some artifacts from Alcatraz that you won't find on the island are going on display, and you only have one chance to see them.
We're talking about FBI evidence collected during the famous inmate escape. There are also prison blueprints.
These items are part of the National Park Service Archives, which preserves history from the Presidio and the Golden Gate National Recreation Area dating back to the Civil War.
But they'll only be out Saturday from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. in the Presidio for the public to see.
For details on this event, click here.
alcatraz, presidio, FBI, san francisco news
- Brooklyn fire leaves 2 children critically hurt
- AccuWeather: Much Colder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Crews reach basement of East Harlem buildings 16 min ago
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- 2 shot after fight at Garden City nightclub
- Geoffrey Mutai wins 2014 NYC Half Marathon 55 min ago
- Suspect tries to abduct 11-year old boy in Queens
- Here and Now
- Viewpoint on WABC-TV
- Tiempo on WABC-TV
- Up Close with Diana Williams
- Crews reach basement of East Harlem buildings
16 min ago