New York News
Charges in YouTube girl fight
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The NYPD has charged two teenagers, as juveniles in the fight between girls inside Edgar Allan Poe Park in the Bronx.
The 14 and 15 year-old girls are charged with child endangerment as juveniles.
Two others are also facing charges.
The disturbing video was posted on YouTube, sparking an investigation and a search for the location and the participants.
Authorities say the incident began as a fight between two older girls over candy. They then proceeded to use their baby sisters, all of 6 and 7 years old, to settle the score.
In the video, you can clearly hear the person who police say is the older sister of the 6-year-old egging her on to fight the 7-year-old, who was crying.
When the video first went viral, police had no idea where the footage was shot. But they say the mother of the 7-year-old eventually stepped forward and identified her daughter, and then cops began to piece the details together.
The fight happened months ago, and the Edgar Allan Poe park in the Fordham over Christmas break. Police say the young girls were forced to fight after the sisters bumped into each other in an earlier argument in the same park over candy.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, bronx, fordham, you tube, new york news
- Missing Brooklyn boy found safe on subway 37 min ago
- AccuWeather: March roller coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- 5 injured when car crashes into Bronx store 59 min ago
- Oheka Castle owner speaks out in video 39 min ago
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Metro-North worker fatally struck by train in NYC 20 min ago
- 4-year closure of Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp begins 33 min ago
- Search continues for missing plane; 2 flew on stolen passports
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- NY-native bank robbery suspect nabbed after selfies
- UConn sophomore accuses sorority sisters of hazing 19 min ago
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Missing Brooklyn boy found safe on subway
37 min ago
- Oheka Castle owner speaks out in video
39 min ago
- 4-year closure of Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp...
33 min ago