U.S. & World News
Chopstick gets stuck in boy's nose
CHINA (WABC) -- In China, a boy's life was saved when surgeons were able to remove a chopstick that became lodged in his nose.
The boy was playing and apparently fell.
During their 10-hour drive to the hospital, his frantic parents feared for his life.
Their fears were justified.
A scan revealed the chopstick had gone 4 centimeters into the brain.
Any further and it could have caused massive bleeding or left the boy permanently paralyzed.
Surgeons removed the chopstick without any further harm to this very lucky boy.
u.s. & world news
- Dozens killed in Oklahoma tornado
- Metro North New Haven Line to be back Wednesday
- Ex-priest arrested after working with kids in NJ 13 min ago
- Wake to be held for slain Hofstra student as questions linger 55 min ago
- Suffolk County parents getting free alcohol test kits 27 min ago
- NJ couple arraigned on animal cruelty charges 35 min ago
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma
- blog: Mirror Ball Blog: Dancing with the Stars
- Photos: Dancing with the Stars Finals
- blog: Desiree Hartsock on being 'The Bachelorette'
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- 51 people confirmed dead in Oklahoma tornado
20 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warm and muggy, T-storm possible
40 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos