U.S. & World News
Etiquette guide for royal wedding guests
LONDON (WABC) -- Those invited to the wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton are expected to be on their best behavior.
To ensure that everyone will mind their manners and dress properly, a 22 page guide filled with the highest form of etiquette has been handed out among the guests.
"I would have no idea what to do," tourist Tracy Tabachow said if she had to attend the reception.
Buckingham Palace and Westminster Abbey, where the wedding will take place, reflect years of tradition and grace.
"For ladies that would mean a nice dress not a cocktail dress, not a long dress, tea length is probably okay," says royal expert Gwynne Gorr. "Gentle accessories, not things that are going to recreate the fashion world with what you've worn."
The guide includes the correct way to use silverware and how to hold a champagne glass.
There is even a very specific way that attendees must greet the Queen.
"Well, you don't shake, you bow. You've gotta bow," says tourist Louise Sudul.
The hundreds of guests may have a long list of tips to remember but they will be able to participate in the event of a lifetime.
"We haven't had a wedding like this of this magnitude on planet earth in over 30 years," says Gwynne.
Liz Cho and Kemberly Richardson report from London all week on Eyewitness News!
royal wedding, prince william engagement, royal family, london, prince william, prince charles, queen elizabeth, u.s. & world news, kemberly richardson
- AccuWeather: More snow Saturday 51 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Baruch College student dies in apparent frat ritual
- Fire burns through house in New Brunswick
- Woman twerking serves as lookout for alleged burglar
- Golden Globes nominations announced
- Newtown school shooting vigils planned for Thursday
- Mandela interpreter says he was hallucinating
- George Bush writes letter to Alabama kicker after big loss
- Software engineer teaches homeless man how to code
- Photos: New Brunswick, New Jersey house fire
- Photos: A look at Gracie Mansion
- AccuWeather: More snow Saturday
51 min ago
7online News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos