U.S. & World News
3rd day of deliberations in Jennifer Hudson family murders
CHICAGO, Ill. -- Jurors enter a third day deliberating at the Chicago trial of Jennifer Hudson's former brother-in-law accused of slaying the Oscar-winner's mother, brother and 7-year-old nephew.
They begin Friday after offering no clues Thursday about whether they're close to a decision about William Balfour. Jurors sent the judge a note Wednesday but none since.
They're sequestered overnights at a hotel so they can't see news on the case.
Some juries first go through all testimony before polling themselves. At Balfour's two-week trial, prosecutors called 83 witnesses and entered boxfuls of evidence, from maps to the .45-caliber handgun allegedly use in the slayings.
Some legal observers say the longer jurors deliberate, the better for the defense. But that frequently doesn't turn out to be true.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
jennifer hudson, u.s. & world news
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Snow changes to rain and ice, causing slick roads
- Is school closed or delayed? Find out fast: Here's how!
- NJ Transit cross-honoring tickets system-wide
- Obama to pay tribute to Mandela in South Africa 22 min ago
- New warning about potentially dangerous toys
- MTA announces new safety measures after derailment 53 min ago
- New Jersey black bear hunt set for Monday
- Paul Walker memorial draws thousands in California
- Photos: Wintry Mix Hits Tri-State Area
- Photos: Bronx River Parkway crash
7online News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos