U.S. & World News
Good Humor dealing with ice cream shortage for their trucks
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Good Humor is having distribution problems.
As we hit the summer months, it can't supply its most popular flavors to its ice-cream trucks across the Northeast.
That means, no sale, if you're hooked on Good Humor's Toasted Almond, Cookies and Cream and "Chocolate Eclair ice-cream.
The ice cream shortage, of course, does not affect other makers of ice cream.
A Good Humor spokesperson says an unseasonably warm spring caused a spike in demand coupled with the fact that the company is in the process of closing a factory in Maryland, production is instead shifting to plants in Missouri and Tennessee.
You'll still find grocery store shelves stocked full but as that iconic truck rolls down the block, be prepared for plan B.
GET THE LATEST NATIONAL AND INTERNATIONAL NEWS FROM ABCNEWS.COM ---
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
u.s. & world news
- Police captain's home hit with firebomb? 6 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warm And Humid
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Anthony Weiner launches bid to become NYC mayor 9 min ago
- Survivors search nearly done after Oklahoma tornado
- FBI shoots man possibly linked to Boston bomb suspects,...
- Arrest made in East Village bias attack
- Connecticut rail service returns to normal
- Funeral to be held Wednesday for slain Hofstra student
- AAA: 31.2M drivers to take Memorial Day road trip 54 min ago
- Garcia apologizes for "fried chicken" remark about Tiger
- Kellie Pickler wins Dancing With The Stars
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma
7online News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos