Hunt resumes for 2 inmates who escaped Texas jail
SULPHUR SPRINGS, Texas (AP) - April 3, 2013 -- A capital murder suspect and convicted drug offender who escaped from a jail in East Texas have spent a rainy night on the run.
The Hopkins County Sheriff's Office says Brian Allen Tucker and John Marlin King remain at large Wednesday. The air and ground search that ended late Tuesday night resumed at dawn as more rain fell in the area.
The inmates fled the jail in Sulphur Springs by scaling a fence or slipping through a gap in a perimeter fence Tuesday morning. Sulphur Springs is about 75 miles northeast of Dallas.
Tucker, of Sulphur Springs, faces trial in the 2011 slaying of Bobby Riley of Mahoney. King, of Cumby, pleaded guilty last month to drug possession as a habitual offender and was sentenced to 40 years in prison.
- Winter Weather Advisory 5 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- World leaders, South Africans honor Mandela at memorial 33 min ago
- 'Snow Alert' issued for New York City 4 min ago
- New Jersey preparing for another dose of snow
- LIRR preparing for snow, ice
- Photos: AccuWeather Forecast in pictures
- Woman beaten up, robbed on Harlem subway platform 18 min ago
- Man shot to death in Valley Stream
- Homeless shelter charity and giving tips
- Photos: Bronx River Parkway crash
- Photos: Technology Gift Guide
- 'Snow Alert' issued for New York City
4 min ago
- Winter Weather Advisory
5 min ago