U.S. & World News
Money raised to replace boat where bombing suspect hid
BOSTON (WABC) -- Efforts are underway to reward an unlikely hero of the manhunt for the Boston Marathon bombing suspects.
He's the man who sacrificed a prize possession to help authorities capture the fugitive. David Henneberry called police when he suspected Dzhokhar Tsarneav was hiding out in his boat in his backyard.The tip proved to be key in capturing Tsarnaev. Unfortunately, the rare 21-foot Seahawk boat is now riddled with bullets. But people are raising money to help Henneberry replace the boat he cherished. Neighbors are total strangers are rallying around one of Watertown's heroes. After watching Friday's dramatic capture, California podcaster Richard Bliss posted a YouTube video, calling for people to donate money to replace Henneberry's boat, which was destroyed in the gunfight. "I just wanted to do something just to say we're thinking about you and we're supporting you and everybody in Boston," said Bliss. "There's so much pain and so loss that's happened there and this just seems like another senseless loss." Henneberry's boat, which a neighbor called 'his baby', was ravaged by gunfire. "He's completely shocked and he says, 'my poor boat, my poor boat.' I mean he's taken care of that boat meticulously since he's had it and now it's full of holes," said neighbor George Pizzuto. CLICK HERE TO SEE PHOTOS FROM THE SCENE OF THE BOSTON MARATHON EXPLOSIONS
boston marathon bombings, boston marathon explosions, dzhokhar a. tsarnaev, tamerlan tsarnaev, boston, boston marathon, explosion, u.s. & world news
- Mother charged with murder in Baby Angel case 53 min ago
- AccuWeather: Still Some Slick Spots! 26 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- De Blasio says family will live in Gracie Mansion 8 min ago
- Yonkers family jumps from window to escape fire 10 min ago
- Photos: Family escapes Yonkers fire 12 min ago
- Photos: Time's Person of the Year: The unchosen
- Black ice warnings as bitter cold sets in 58 min ago
- Mega Millions jackpot grows to $400 Million
- FDA pushes to get antibiotics out of meat
- LI pet store thief wanted for stealing puppy
- Interpreter at Mandela ceremony called a 'fake'
- Photos: A look at Gracie Mansion 22 min ago
- Black ice warnings as bitter cold sets in
58 min ago
- AccuWeather: Still Some Slick Spots!
26 min ago