Body found in water that of missing Brown student
PROVIDENCE, RI -- The Rhode Island medical examiner's office says a body found in Providence is that of a Brown University student missing since last month.
Health Department spokeswoman Dara Chadwick says the body of 22-year-old Sunil Tripathi was identified Thursday morning through a forensic dental exam. The cause of death has not been determined.
Chadwick says Tripathi's family has been notified. A message was left for his sister.
Tripathi's body was found Tuesday by members of the Brown crew team in waters off India Point Park. Relatives of Tripathi, who's from Bryn Mawr, Pa., had been searching for him with help from the FBI and Brown students since mid-March.
His family says he had been on leave from the Ivy League school and was living with classmates in Providence.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
rhode island, national/world
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash 46 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody
- 4 charged in Elizabeth auto body shop robbery
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park
- Man retrieving item from tracks hit by subway train
- Sparta crash injures woman and 8-year old son
- NYPD policy revised; officers should take stairs in fire
- Animal activists protest outside Liam Neeson's home
- Another delayed GM recall detailed by new documents
- Weekend subway changes affecting 11 lines
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
46 min ago