U.S. & World News
New information about Boston bombing suspects' weapons and visit to New York City
WASHINGTON (WABC) -- New information emerged Wednesday from U.S. officials about the suspects in the Boston Marathon bombings.
As more gunfire echoed through the streets of Watertown, Massachusetts last week in what we were all told was a fierce gun battle with suspected terrorist Dzokhar Tsarnaev, the 19-year-old was, apparently unarmed.
His brother had a semi-automatic luger, but he had been killed the previous night and the gun was found near his body.
It's just one piece of information, coming out now, about the brother, including some about their plans after the bombing.
"We believe he was here November of 2012," Police Commissioner Ray Kelly said.
ABC News found a photograph of Dzokhar Tsarnaev in Times Square on a Russian social media site similar to Facebook.
The profile page belongs to the man to Dzohkar's left in the picture, Dias Kadrabayev.
He and the other man shown are now under arrest on immigration charges in New Bedford, Massachusetts.
The commissioner says the brothers were planning to come to New York City to party.
"I'm telling you what bit of information that we have that it may have been words to the effect of 'coming to party in New York,'" Kelly said.
Also Wednesday, a funeral for police officer Sean Collier was held. He's the man ambushed and murdered the night before Tsarnaev was captured.
He was killed, apparently because the brothers needed another gun, but a holster locking device prevented them from getting his.
The Vice President spoke at his service.
"We are grieving, but we are not bending, we will not yield to fear," Vice President Joe Biden said.
And as if to prove it, Boylston Street, where the two bombs exploded last Monday, was open for business.
Pictures from the Boston Marathon bombings (The Associated Press contributed to this report)
boston marathon bombings, boston marathon explosions, dzhokhar a. tsarnaev, tamerlan tsarnaev, boston, cambridge, watertown, boston marathon, explosion, u.s. & world news, jim dolan
- Shot Brooklyn teen speaks out; Man in custody
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Woman tries to grab stroller from nanny in Chelsea
- Robbery suspect in custody after Astoria manhunt
- 12 dead, 3 missing in Mount Everest avalanche
- Video released in murder of Brooklyn bodega clerk
- Police identify suspect in Bronx subway exposure
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Alleged serial bank robber nabbed in Greenwich Village
- Woman charged Thursday with neglect after living in a van with...
- Astronomers spot most Earth-like planet yet
7online News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos