U.S. & World News
New information about Boston bombing suspects' weapons and visit to New York City
WASHINGTON (WABC) -- New information emerged Wednesday from U.S. officials about the suspects in the Boston Marathon bombings.
As more gunfire echoed through the streets of Watertown, Massachusetts last week in what we were all told was a fierce gun battle with suspected terrorist Dzokhar Tsarnaev, the 19-year-old was, apparently unarmed.
His brother had a semi-automatic luger, but he had been killed the previous night and the gun was found near his body.
It's just one piece of information, coming out now, about the brother, including some about their plans after the bombing.
"We believe he was here November of 2012," Police Commissioner Ray Kelly said.
ABC News found a photograph of Dzokhar Tsarnaev in Times Square on a Russian social media site similar to Facebook.
The profile page belongs to the man to Dzohkar's left in the picture, Dias Kadrabayev.
He and the other man shown are now under arrest on immigration charges in New Bedford, Massachusetts.
The commissioner says the brothers were planning to come to New York City to party.
"I'm telling you what bit of information that we have that it may have been words to the effect of 'coming to party in New York,'" Kelly said.
Also Wednesday, a funeral for police officer Sean Collier was held. He's the man ambushed and murdered the night before Tsarnaev was captured.
He was killed, apparently because the brothers needed another gun, but a holster locking device prevented them from getting his.
The Vice President spoke at his service.
"We are grieving, but we are not bending, we will not yield to fear," Vice President Joe Biden said.
And as if to prove it, Boylston Street, where the two bombs exploded last Monday, was open for business.
Pictures from the Boston Marathon bombings (The Associated Press contributed to this report)
boston marathon bombings, boston marathon explosions, dzhokhar a. tsarnaev, tamerlan tsarnaev, boston, cambridge, watertown, boston marathon, explosion, u.s. & world news, jim dolan
- Hospital warns of possible blood contamination
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- South Brunswick elderly couple robbed and scammed
- Store workers fight back during Bushwick robbery
- Fort Lee students to make up snow days
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center
- Pharmacists accused in HIV medication scam
- Ferry service to resume between Haverstraw, Ossining
- Malaysia plane changed direction, military says
- Obama, in NYC for fundraising trip, shops at Gap
- Photos: Huge fire damages San Francisco building
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
7online News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos