Fire in Russian psychiatric hospital kills 38
MOSCOW, Russia -- A fire raged through a psychiatric hospital outside Moscow early Friday, killing 38 people, including two nurses, emergency officials said.
A third nurse managed to save two patients and they were the only three thought to have survived, the state news agency RIA Novosti reported, citing the Health Ministry.
Police said the fire, which broke out at about 2 a.m. local time (7 p.m. Eastern, 2300 GMT) in the one-story hospital in the Ramenskoye settlement, was caused by a short circuit, RIA Novosti reported.
A photograph on the website of the emergency services showed a building consumed by flames.
The emergency services also posted a list of the patients indicating they ranged in age from 20 to 76.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Newark bus crash leaves 9 hurt, 1 critically
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Photos: Bus, taxi collide in Newark
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved in breach 25 min ago
- US-India relations chilled over diplomat arrest in NYC 27 min ago
- Young boy shot in foot in the Bronx
- Murder-suicide shooting at NJ nail salon
- LI man arraigned in 7 'knockout game' assaults
- Victim in Short Hills Mall shooting laid to rest
- 1 of 2 winners in $636 Mega Millions jackpot comes forward
- Most Fascinating People of 2013 revealed
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved...
25 min ago
- US-India relations chilled over diplomat...
27 min ago