U.S. & World News
Military plane makes emergency landing in Massachusetts
CHICOPEE, Mass. -- A U.S. military transport plane that lost cabin pressure while flying over the Atlantic Ocean has made an emergency landing at its home base in western Massachusetts.
Master Sgt. Tim Huffman says the C-5B plane that was traveling from Germany to Dover Air Force Base in Delaware landed safely at Westover Air Reserve Base in Chicopee just before 2:30 p.m. Saturday.
The base says a young woman was taken to a local hospital with a minor injury.
The plane lost cabin pressure at 34,000 feet shortly after 11 a.m. while flying from Ramstein Air Base with 25 passengers and crew.
The incident prompted the military to deploy emergency vehicles at Pease Air National Guard Base in Portsmouth, N.H.; Hanscom Air Force Base in Bedford, Mass.; and Westover Air Reserve Base.
u.s. & world news
- Stolen passports deepen missing plane mystery 7 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Mayor de Blasio continues to rally for universal Pre-K
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run 1 min ago
- Proposed teacher layoffs in Newark set off dispute
- Mom accused of driving into surf with kids goes to court
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Matt Harvey still predicting 2014 role
- Melo scores 26, Knicks beat Cavs 107-97
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Stolen passports deepen missing plane mystery
7 min ago