Neighborhood Eats: Ayada Thai Restaurant
QUEENS (WABC) -- What began as a Thai grocery store has blossomed into a restaurant in Queens.
Ayada, located at 7708 Woodside Avenue in Elmhurst Queens, serves authentic Thai cuisine. The restaurant opened over a year ago and has quickly become a neighborhood favorite.
You can buy Thai grocery items and snacks there, but it's the cooking that people come for.
Here's a recipe to one the neighborhood's favorite dishes.
Fried Fish with Mango Sauce
Peel the mango and rinse under running water.
Roughly grate the mango flesh or cut it into shreds.
Mix Ayada sauce with all ingredients.
Put the mango sauce on top of the fried fish.
queens, neighborhood eats, lauren glassberg
- Bible from East Harlem church found in debris
- AccuWeather: Cold Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help
- East Harlem community tries to move forward after explosion
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Focus turns to pilots as hunt for Malaysian jet widens
- Toddler survives after tumbling onto subway tracks
- Sick patrons interrupt Broadway show performance
- Widow of Short Hills mall carjacking victim files suit
- Video: Manhattan clinches first NCAA bid in a decade