Neighborhood Eats: Ayada Thai Restaurant
QUEENS (WABC) -- What began as a Thai grocery store has blossomed into a restaurant in Queens.
Ayada, located at 7708 Woodside Avenue in Elmhurst Queens, serves authentic Thai cuisine. The restaurant opened over a year ago and has quickly become a neighborhood favorite.
You can buy Thai grocery items and snacks there, but it's the cooking that people come for.
Here's a recipe to one the neighborhood's favorite dishes.
Fried Fish with Mango Sauce
Peel the mango and rinse under running water.
Roughly grate the mango flesh or cut it into shreds.
Mix Ayada sauce with all ingredients.
Put the mango sauce on top of the fried fish.
queens, neighborhood eats, lauren glassberg
- AccuWeather Alert: Stormy day
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Suspect in custody in Queens bus shooting 20 min ago
- Woman arrested in shooting death of Jersey City boy
- Threat prompts lockdown at Saddle Brook schools
- UK: London terror attack suspects had been probed
- West Point soldier charged with videotaping women
- Anthony Weiner courts voters in Harlem Thursday
- Queens businessman kidnapped and tortured
- Photos: Accuweather forecast in pictures
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma
- Photos: Top Pictures of the Week