Home cooking at La Boina
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The owner of this restaurant worked for a fast food company in management for nearly 2 decades before opening her own place.
You can expect fast service and good value and La Boina, but the food it's truly home cooking.
La Boina means beret in Spanish.
It is located 77-05A 37th Avenue in Jackson Heights, Queens
SOBREBARRIGA A LA CRIOLLA
FLANK STEAK WITH COLOMBIAN SPECIAL SAUCE
INGREDIENTS:1 cup Spanish Onions
1 cup Red Pepper
1 cup Scallions
1 cup Peeled Tomatoes, Blended
2 Tablespoons Grated Garlic
1 cup Chopped Cilantro
1. Bring the stock chopped to the saucepan, reduce the heat and keep at a low simmer for 35 minutes.
2. If you want more flavors add 1 tablespoon of butter and 1 tablespoon of Knorr beef base.
HOW TO COOK THE SOBREBARRIGA ( FLANK STEAK)
1 1/4 cup carrots Carrots
1 1/2 cups Red Pepper
1 1/2 cupsSpanish Onions
1 cup Celery
1 Pound Flank Steak
1. Add the stock chopped to the pot, then the sobrebarriga, add enough water to cover the meat. Cook for about one hour.
2. When it is ready put the sobrebarriga with the criolla sauces and cooked for 5 more minutes, on low heat.
recipe, eating, food, jackson heights, queens, neighborhood eats, lauren glassberg
- 2 killed in motorcycle accident in Queens
- AccuWeather: Record Warmth
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- 4 arrested in deadly NJ mall carjacking
- Teen who was shot at Colorado school dies
- Biker killed in Bronx collision
- LI burglary foiled by man watching on webcam in China
- GWB repair work will close upper level lanes
- Long Island driver charged with DWI in hit and run
- Target offers discount, free credit monitoring after data breach
- Knicks lose to Grizzlies, 95-87
- Video: Holiday shoppers enjoying warm weather
- Photos: Fatal shooting at the Short Hills Mall