The latest Taco truck to hit the streets of New York
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Food trucks are a part of dining in New York City, and these days offerings range from Middle Eastern to Austrian, and even burgers to dumplings. The Kimchi Taco Truck features a menu that melds Korean and Mexican cuisine, making an unlikely but inevitable combination.
There are tacos filled with meat that's marinated in Korean flavors, spicy rice cakes topped with queso blanco, Korean bbq nachos, even a riff on a philly cheesesteak and of course the very popular kimchi rice bowls. Chef Youngsun Lee creates his braised pork with a marinade of sugar, pureed apples, onion and garlic purees, hot pepper paste, soy sauce, white wine and water.
Then it's chopped and sautéed and placed on multigrain rice, along with homemade kimchi and pico de gallo.
The truck rolled out a couple of months ago it parks for lunch Monday through Friday in a different neighborhood each day.
Before the truck, co owner Phillip Lee had been a restaurant general manager and he takes a lot of pride in his restaurant on wheels, bringing authentic food right out of a truck. Recipe: Spicy Pork Marinade Ingredients
recipe, neighborhood eats, lauren glassberg
- Baruch College student dies in apparent frat ritual 35 min ago
- AccuWeather: Brisk And Cold 45 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Mother charged with murder in Baby Angel case 7 min ago
- Thieves target luxury cars in New York area
- Photos: Luxury car theft ring bust in NYC
- Metro-North derailment sparks rules review
- De Blasio says family will live in Gracie Mansion
- Photos: A look at Gracie Mansion
- George Zimmerman will not face assault charges, prosecutors say
- Pope Francis chosen Time's Person of the Year
- Photos: Time's Person of the Year: The unchosen
- Mega Millions jackpot grows to $400 Million
- Dealing with bitter blast with no heat
28 min ago
- AccuWeather: Brisk And Cold
45 min ago