Neighborhood Eats: Patria Restaurant and Mixology Lounge
RAHWAY, N.J. (WABC) -- Patria Restaurant and Mixology Lounge, located at 169 W. Main St. in Rahway, New Jersey, just opened in December. It is located across from the Arts Center and near a lot of new construction.
In fact, the name of the restaurant translates to "homeland", because many different homelands are represented in the Nuevo Latino cuisine.
Inside the restaurant there is a chic feel and the menu is at the hands of Chef Andrew DiCataldo.
Expect to see menu items such as arepas, pulpo, ceviche and tacos...Or, maybe the plantain tilapia suits your taste.
Then there are the drinks, which you might want to have later in the evening in one of the two lounges.
Below is the recipe for Chef DiCataldo's plantain tilapia if you wish to make it at home.
For the sauce:
For the Tilapia
Heat the oil in a large pot to 350 degrees and fry the plantain slices until they become golden brown and crisp. Remove from oil and drain on paper towels. Break up plantain chips. Place chips in food processor with on/off pulses and grind chips into coarse crumbs. Place the ground chips, flour and eggs in separate bowls. Season fish with salt and pepper. Dip only one side of fish into flour, then into eggs, and finally into chips on one side of the fish.
For the Sauce
In a 4qt. sauce pot, heat oil and cook shallots and garlic for 2 min. Stir in flour and cook for an additional 2 minutes. Add turmeric and wine, stirring with a whisk to remove any lumps. Add chicken stock and bring to a boil.
Finish sauce with lemon juice, cilantro, and butter. Season with salt and keep warm.
Place over medium heat 2T olive oil in a skillet and swirl in 1T butter. Add fish fillet crust side down to pan. Cook for one minute, just until crust is crisp. Turn fillet over and continue to cook an additional two min. Place pan in 350 degree oven until fish is fully cooked (about 5 minutes).
Ladle sauce onto serving plate. Place fish on top of sauce. Serve with sides of sautéed spinach and fried sweet plantains.
recipe, neighborhood eats, lauren glassberg
- AccuWeather Alert: Flash flood warning for NYC 28 min ago
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Photos: Flash flooding in the New York area 8 min ago
- Suspect in custody in Queens bus shooting 23 min ago
- Woman arrested in shooting death of Jersey City boy 18 min ago
- Students injured in Brooklyn pepper spray incident 29 min ago
- Threat prompts lockdown at Saddle Brook schools
- UK: London terror attack suspects had been probed
- Anthony Weiner courts voters in Harlem Thursday
- Queens businessman kidnapped and tortured
- Photos: Top Pictures of the Week
- Secret Sales: Brownies, Diamonds and a super secret sale
- AccuWeather Alert: Flash flood warning for...
28 min ago