A little Colombia in the heart of Queens
QUEENS (WABC) -- Regulars will tell you, never miss a chance to eat at La Pequena Colombia.
Right under the elevated train in busy Jackson Heights, cultures merge in the neighborhood, but at the restaurant, it's Colombian food since 1984
The diners here will tell you, you don't have to be from Colombia to enjoy La Pequena Colombia.
You can learn more about the restaurant at www.pequenacolombia.com
SHRIMP WITH JALAPENOS
6 large shrimp, deveined
3 jalapenos, sliced
3 cloves garlic, minced (or use garlic paste)
½ cup white wine
2 pinches adobo
1 TBLS dried parsley
2 TBLS cooking oil
Heat oil in medium size sauce pan
Add shrimp, sauté for one minutes
Then sprinkle with adobo and add garlic
After another minute, add jalapenos
After 2 minutes, add white wine
Continue to cook for several more minutes until shrimps are nearly cooked, add parsley, cook for another 30 seconds and serve.
recipe, neighborhood eats, lauren glassberg
- New measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx 36 min ago
- AccuWeather: Gorgeous day, then weather whiplash
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- 1 dead in Midtown fire; Fire truck crash injures 2
- NJ woman charged in butt injection death
- Firefightes battling Bronx car fire find body inside 5 min ago
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn 26 min ago
- Man with stolen passport on jet was asylum seeker
- Mega Millions jackpot at $309M for Tuesday drawing
- Burger King baby seeks birth mom 48 min ago
- Call released after Oregon couple calls 911 on pet cat
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam...
26 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos