HARLEM (WABC) -- This restaurant is a newcomer. It only opened this past July and people quickly made use of its outdoor space.
Come wintertime the outdoor space will be enclosed and heated, or you can opt to sit inside to enjoy Darren Pettigrew's food.
From a wedge salad with shrimp to kabobs are on the menu. There are burgers and sliders, flatbreads, muscles and wild salmon.
Harlem Tavern is located at 301 West 116th Street and Frederick Douglass Boulevard in Harlem.
Learn more at harlemtavern.com.
Recipe: Harlem Tavern Cedar Plank Salmon Relish
Ingredients for the relish:
2 garlic cloves (minced)
5 pitted black olives (minced)
1 roasted red pepper (minced)
4 cherry tomatoes (minced)
3 leaves basil (chopped)
balsamic vinegar 1/4 cup
1 small onion (chopped)
Aleppo pepper (to taste)
extra virgin olive oil 3/4 cup
orange zest (1 TBS)
juice of half an orange
salt & pepper (to taste)
Combine all ingredients in bowl. Serve on top of cooked salmon or your favorite fish.
This makes enough for 2-3 servings.
recipe, harlem, new york city, neighborhood eats, lauren glassberg
- Young boy shot in foot in the Bronx 49 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Secret Service investigating Target data breach 3 min ago
- Jersey City water main break isolated; Water back on
- Murder-suicide shooting at NJ nail salon
- Next City Council Speaker likely Melissa Mark-Viverito 36 min ago
- LI man arraigned in 7 'knockout game' assaults
- Victim in Short Hills Mall shooting laid to rest
- 1 of 2 winners in $636 Mega Millions jackpot comes forward
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- O' Christmas tree, you're alive?! Student scares school
- Photos: Tanker explodes on Sunrise Highway
- Young boy shot in foot in the Bronx
49 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos