Moonshine in New Jersey
MILLBURN, N.J. (WABC) -- Moonshine adds a little glow to Millburn, just off the main drag.
The two story restaurant is bistro by day and supper club by night.
Victor Delapa opened Moonshine with his childhood friend Joe San Philip.
The lunch menu has burgers, pastas, soups, salads and sandwiches.
For dinner, a menu that's a bit of a throwback.
Get more information at www.moonshinesupperclub.com.
Braised short ribs of beef
by Chef Frank Falivene
3 pounds boneless shortribs (chuck flap)
1 cup diced onions (1/2 inch)
1 cup sliced carrots (peeled)
1 cup sliced celery (1/2 inch)
1 cup sliced leeks (white parts)
1 head garlic sliced in half (skin on)
4 each thyme sprigs
2 each bay leaves
1 tablespoon black peppercorns
1 tablespoon corriander seeds
3 tablespoons tomato paste
1 bottle red wine
4 cups veal stock or beef stock
Preheat oven to 325.
Heat 2 ounces of canola oil in large roasting pan.
Season meat with salt.
Brown meat on all sides, remove from pan.
Add vegetables, and cook till they start to color and caramelize.
Add tomato paste, peppercorns, corriander seed, thyme sprigs, and bay leaves.
Roast tomato paste slightly, and then deglaze with red wine, reduce by half.
Add meat back to pan, cover with veal stock, bring to a simmer, cover with lid and place in oven for 3 hours.
Remove from oven and let cool, when cool enough to handle remove meat from pan.
Strain liquid trough a fine strainer over meat. Let cool overnight.
Before serving, remove from fridge and heat slowly in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
recipe, millburn, new jersey, neighborhood eats, lauren glassberg
- Firefighters struggle to contain NJ forest fires
- AccuWeather: Windy and cool
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Brush fire in Beachwood, New Jersey
- NYPD officer charged with DWI after shooting partner
- Yanks pitcher Michael Pineda suspended 10 games
- Man brutalizes women with hammer in Astoria apartment
- Justin Bieber being held at LAX
- NYU investigating pro-Palestine 'eviction' fliers
- 9-year-old dies in fall from Bronx high-rise
- Suspect charged with throwing Molotov Cocktail into deli
- Tavern on the Green reopens in Central Park Thursday
- Photos: Sneak peek inside the new Tavern on the Green