Tacos at Cochinita in Brooklyn
BROOKLYN (WABC) -- We're eating Mexican. We visit a place in Brooklyn that specializes in tacos.
Four kinds of tacos are served during the week and a fifth one added on the weekends with all fresh ingredients, no preservatives.
Cochinita is located at 922 Fulton Street in Clinton Hill, Brooklyn.
Discover more online at tacoscochinita.com
TACOS WITH RAJAS AND SALSA VERDE
1 cup sliced white mushrooms
1/4 cup roasted, peeled poblano peppers, cut into ½ inch x 2 inch strips
2 cups cooked red potatoes, that have been cubed or "french fried"
1/2 cup vegetable oil
Salt and pepper
Heat frying pan over med-high flame. Add 2 tbsp of the oil. When oil is shimmering, add mushrooms and a small pinch each of salt and pepper. Saute mushrooms until golden brown and caramelized. Do not stir too much.
Remove from pan and set aside.
Turn down flame to low. Add remaining oil. Add peppers and heat through. Press peppers against side of pan to extract oil and then remove peppers to same container as mushrooms. Leave oil in pan.
Turn flame back up to med-high. Add potatoes and pinch each of salt and pepper. Cook until crispy & browned.
Do not stir often. Add potatoes to mushrooms and peppers.
Mix together. Adjust seasoning to taste.
2 lbs tomatillos, husks removed & rinsed
1 onions, peeled and quartered
1/4 cups peeled garlic cloves (approx 6 large cloves)
1-2 jalapenos, cut in half, stems removed - l for mild / 2 for hot
1 tbsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1/2 cup water
Place all ingredients into saucepan or pot. Bring to boil, then reduce to simmer until tomatillos release juices and deflate when pushed with spoon. Remove from heat. Blend when cool with immersion blender or blender. Adjust seasoning.
Limes, cut into wedges
Heat two tortillas for each taco on a skillet or griddle
Add approximately ½ cup rajas per taco, then top with 1 tbsp salsa, chopped cilantro, and a lime wedge.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
recipe, neighborhood eats, lauren glassberg
- LI tanker crash sends fireball into the sky
- AccuWeather: Cold Wednesday, but warmup coming
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Photos: Tanker explodes on Sunrise Highway
- 2 winning tickets sold in $636 million Mega Millions 45 min ago
- LI man to be arraigned in 7 'knockout game' assaults
- Multi-car pileup on Gowanus Expressway in Brooklyn 48 min ago
- Photos: Massive car pileup on Gowanus Expressway
- Short Hills Mall shooting: Funeral to be held Wednesday 26 min ago
- Video: Queens robber squirts clerk with lighter fluid 11 min ago
- Blind man and dog rescued off subway tracks
- Anchorman 2 cast talks about much-anticipated sequel
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013
- Multi-car pileup on Gowanus Expressway in...
48 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos