Coq au Vin at Petit Oven
BAY RIDGE (WABC) -- Petit Oven has been open about 4 and half years.
The menu always changes but there's always a touch of French to it.
It's located at 276 Bay Ridge Avenue in Bay Ridge, Brooklyn.
Get more information online at www.petit-oven.com
Recipe: Coq au Vin
½ Lb Thick Bacon Slices
20 Pearl Onions
3Lb Organic Chicken Legs (fat Trimmed)
6 Garlic Cloves
1 Lg Turnip
2 Medium Carrots
½ Lb Cremini mushrooms, Or white button
2oz dried Wild Mushrooms (soaked in hot water)
3 sprigs of Fresh Thyme
2 Bay Leaf
2 cups chicken stock
2 cups red wine (pinot Noir, merlot)
Salt and Pepper
Oil + 2Tbsp Butter
Cut bacon into Lardons. In a Dutch oven Pan-fry 10 min until Crispy
Remove from pan, keep the fat.
Add little oil and butter
Dredge the chicken in Flour salt and pepper.
Working in batches Sauté chicken until golden brown.
Remove the chicken add the vegetables.
Caramelize the vegetables on med heat.10 min
Add Chicken, bacon, stock, wine, wild mushrooms with soaking liquid, bay, and thyme.
Cook on low simmer for 40min until tender.
Skim any fat, adjust seasoning, and reduce to a thicker sauce..
Serve with potatoes or egg noodles..
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
recipe, brooklyn, bay ridge, neighborhood eats, lauren glassberg
- Vietnam spots oil slicks in hunt for missing jet
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Man in coma after Long Island City hit and run
- Missing man found buried in nephew's backyard
- Photo released of Queens bank robbery suspect
- Newtown to DC bike ride to push for gun control
- Mom accused of driving into surf with kids goes to court 6 min ago
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- Mega Millions jackpot at $309 million after no winner
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' fame dies at 92 55 min ago
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014 42 min ago