Coq au Vin at Petit Oven
BAY RIDGE (WABC) -- Petit Oven has been open about 4 and half years.
The menu always changes but there's always a touch of French to it.
It's located at 276 Bay Ridge Avenue in Bay Ridge, Brooklyn.
Get more information online at www.petit-oven.com
Recipe: Coq au Vin
½ Lb Thick Bacon Slices
20 Pearl Onions
3Lb Organic Chicken Legs (fat Trimmed)
6 Garlic Cloves
1 Lg Turnip
2 Medium Carrots
½ Lb Cremini mushrooms, Or white button
2oz dried Wild Mushrooms (soaked in hot water)
3 sprigs of Fresh Thyme
2 Bay Leaf
2 cups chicken stock
2 cups red wine (pinot Noir, merlot)
Salt and Pepper
Oil + 2Tbsp Butter
Cut bacon into Lardons. In a Dutch oven Pan-fry 10 min until Crispy
Remove from pan, keep the fat.
Add little oil and butter
Dredge the chicken in Flour salt and pepper.
Working in batches Sauté chicken until golden brown.
Remove the chicken add the vegetables.
Caramelize the vegetables on med heat.10 min
Add Chicken, bacon, stock, wine, wild mushrooms with soaking liquid, bay, and thyme.
Cook on low simmer for 40min until tender.
Skim any fat, adjust seasoning, and reduce to a thicker sauce..
Serve with potatoes or egg noodles..
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
recipe, brooklyn, bay ridge, neighborhood eats, lauren glassberg
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey 13 min ago
- AccuWeather: Sharply Colder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent to psych hospital 49 min ago
- 4 dead, 280 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Bronx sweep nets suspected gang members
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View" 6 min ago
- Sketch released of suspect in East Village sex assault
- Teen clerk beaten in Astoria deli robbery; $30,000 stolen
- Camera catches Bronx home invaders using victim's card
- College Board provides a glimpse of new SAT
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent...
49 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos