Coq au Vin at Petit Oven
BAY RIDGE (WABC) -- Petit Oven has been open about 4 and half years.
The menu always changes but there's always a touch of French to it.
It's located at 276 Bay Ridge Avenue in Bay Ridge, Brooklyn.
Get more information online at www.petit-oven.com
Recipe: Coq au Vin
½ Lb Thick Bacon Slices
20 Pearl Onions
3Lb Organic Chicken Legs (fat Trimmed)
6 Garlic Cloves
1 Lg Turnip
2 Medium Carrots
½ Lb Cremini mushrooms, Or white button
2oz dried Wild Mushrooms (soaked in hot water)
3 sprigs of Fresh Thyme
2 Bay Leaf
2 cups chicken stock
2 cups red wine (pinot Noir, merlot)
Salt and Pepper
Oil + 2Tbsp Butter
Cut bacon into Lardons. In a Dutch oven Pan-fry 10 min until Crispy
Remove from pan, keep the fat.
Add little oil and butter
Dredge the chicken in Flour salt and pepper.
Working in batches Sauté chicken until golden brown.
Remove the chicken add the vegetables.
Caramelize the vegetables on med heat.10 min
Add Chicken, bacon, stock, wine, wild mushrooms with soaking liquid, bay, and thyme.
Cook on low simmer for 40min until tender.
Skim any fat, adjust seasoning, and reduce to a thicker sauce..
Serve with potatoes or egg noodles..
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
recipe, brooklyn, bay ridge, neighborhood eats, lauren glassberg
- LI hospital warns of possible blood contamination 51 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Crime down across New York City, except in parks
- Malaysian Airlines asks for help in hunt for missing plane
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Brothers plead guilty in Orthodox Jewish divorce scandal 55 min ago
- Store workers fight back during Bushwick robbery
- South Brunswick elderly couple robbed and scammed
- Good Samaritans rescue woman from burning car
- Pharmacists accused in HIV medication scam
- Photos: Huge fire damages San Francisco building
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- LI hospital warns of possible blood...
51 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos