Coq au Vin at Petit Oven
BAY RIDGE (WABC) -- Petit Oven has been open about 4 and half years.
The menu always changes but there's always a touch of French to it.
It's located at 276 Bay Ridge Avenue in Bay Ridge, Brooklyn.
Get more information online at www.petit-oven.com
Recipe: Coq au Vin
½ Lb Thick Bacon Slices
20 Pearl Onions
3Lb Organic Chicken Legs (fat Trimmed)
6 Garlic Cloves
1 Lg Turnip
2 Medium Carrots
½ Lb Cremini mushrooms, Or white button
2oz dried Wild Mushrooms (soaked in hot water)
3 sprigs of Fresh Thyme
2 Bay Leaf
2 cups chicken stock
2 cups red wine (pinot Noir, merlot)
Salt and Pepper
Oil + 2Tbsp Butter
Cut bacon into Lardons. In a Dutch oven Pan-fry 10 min until Crispy
Remove from pan, keep the fat.
Add little oil and butter
Dredge the chicken in Flour salt and pepper.
Working in batches Sauté chicken until golden brown.
Remove the chicken add the vegetables.
Caramelize the vegetables on med heat.10 min
Add Chicken, bacon, stock, wine, wild mushrooms with soaking liquid, bay, and thyme.
Cook on low simmer for 40min until tender.
Skim any fat, adjust seasoning, and reduce to a thicker sauce..
Serve with potatoes or egg noodles..
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
recipe, brooklyn, bay ridge, neighborhood eats, lauren glassberg
- Off-duty officer stabbed in neck in Brooklyn 3 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Third grader killed in accident, truck driver charged
- Man stabbed on 2 train in Bronx 18 min ago
- President Obama says 2013 hasn't been so bad
- Teen dead, 2 sisters critical in Brooklyn fire
- Bronx fire leaves brothers dead, 3 firefighters hurt
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- Nativity theft being investagated as hate crime
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
- 9-year-old bowler in Florida tosses perfect 300
- Photos: Staten Island quintuplets through the years
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos