A taste of Germany on Staten Island
STATEN ISLAND (WABC) -- In this week's Neighborhood Eats, a place on Staten Island that will give you the flavor of dining in Germany.
If you have a hankering for German food, from pretzels to sausages to something cold in a stein, Nurnberger Bierhaus could be your spot.
Bob Kelly opened this spot 6 years ago in West Brighton where he lives. He's a former NYPD detective with roots in Nurnberger
To learn more about Bob's restaurant, please visit www.nurnbergerbierhaus.com.
Little potato pan from Nurnberger Bierhaus
2 large potatoes (russet) peel and slice about 1/8-1/4 inch thick
1-2 TBS canola oil
1 onion, chopped
3 slices bacon
2 sausage links (use your favorite sausage)
1. On grill or in frying pan, cook two sausage links, set aside
2. In another pan, over medium-high heat fry up bacon, remove once cooked and set on paper towel to drain grease, break or cut into bite size pieces
3. Keep the bacon grease in the pan and saute the potatoes, you can add the canola oil if needed, salt and pepper as you cook, lower heat to medium
4. Flip the potatoes after about 10 minutes and add more oil if needed, continue browning, and add the onions, ideally on one side of the pan
5. Once onions have started to caramelize and potatoes are golden brown, transfer to a plate, sprinkle with the bacon and top with the cooked sausages.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
recipe, staten island, neighborhood eats, lauren glassberg
- Mother charged with murder in Baby Angel case 37 min ago
- AccuWeather: Still Some Slick Spots! 10 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- De Blasio says family will live in Gracie Mansion 2 min ago
- Yonkers family jumps from window to escape fire 25 min ago
- Photos: 4 injured in Yonkers fire
- Photos: Time's Person of the Year: The unchosen
- Black ice warnings as bitter cold sets in 42 min ago
- Police ID suspect in theft of 1-year old's earrings
- Mega Millions jackpot grows to $400 Million
- FDA pushes to get antibiotics out of meat
- LI pet store thief wanted for stealing puppy
- Interpreter at Mandela ceremony called a 'fake'
- Black ice warnings as bitter cold sets in
42 min ago
- AccuWeather: Still Some Slick Spots!
10 min ago