A taste of Germany on Staten Island
STATEN ISLAND (WABC) -- In this week's Neighborhood Eats, a place on Staten Island that will give you the flavor of dining in Germany.
If you have a hankering for German food, from pretzels to sausages to something cold in a stein, Nurnberger Bierhaus could be your spot.
Bob Kelly opened this spot 6 years ago in West Brighton where he lives. He's a former NYPD detective with roots in Nurnberger
To learn more about Bob's restaurant, please visit www.nurnbergerbierhaus.com.
Little potato pan from Nurnberger Bierhaus
2 large potatoes (russet) peel and slice about 1/8-1/4 inch thick
1-2 TBS canola oil
1 onion, chopped
3 slices bacon
2 sausage links (use your favorite sausage)
1. On grill or in frying pan, cook two sausage links, set aside
2. In another pan, over medium-high heat fry up bacon, remove once cooked and set on paper towel to drain grease, break or cut into bite size pieces
3. Keep the bacon grease in the pan and saute the potatoes, you can add the canola oil if needed, salt and pepper as you cook, lower heat to medium
4. Flip the potatoes after about 10 minutes and add more oil if needed, continue browning, and add the onions, ideally on one side of the pan
5. Once onions have started to caramelize and potatoes are golden brown, transfer to a plate, sprinkle with the bacon and top with the cooked sausages.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
recipe, staten island, neighborhood eats, lauren glassberg
- Actor James Gandolfini of "The Sopranos" dies
- AccuWeather Forecast: More sunshine
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Joe Torre's daughter catches child from awning
- Teacher charged with rape of student in the Bronx
- Leonia firehouse reopens after sex assault
- UFT endorses Thompson for NYC mayor
- TWA Flight 800 crash investigators want new probe
- Upstate NY men accused of trying to make X-ray weapon
- Body found near Patriot's home was homicide victim
- Whistle-blower taped guards sleeping at JFK airport
- Photos: James Gandolfini through the years
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2013
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos