Pasta tower at 'The Kitchen'
ENGLEWOOD, NJ (WABC) -- The Kitchen originally opened in Englewood as a catering company, but so many people wanted to eat there that Stephen Henderson had to move to a larger space.
He decorated it with wallpaper from the Beverly Hills Hilton, and just like a party, meals begin with passed hors d'oeuvres. But you don't want to ruin your meal with Chef Wade new in the kitchen.
Being from North Carolina, Wade whips up some of his favorites, like the chicken and waffles, the short ribs with grits, and a veal chop served alongside a pasta tower.
Learn more about The Kitchen on the web at www.thekitchenonpalisade.com.
6 whole eggs
22 oz AP flour
2 tbsp minced chives
Mound the flour in the center of a large wooden cutting board. Make a well in the middle of the flour and add the eggs and chives. Using a fork, beat together the eggs and chives and begin to incorporate the flour, starting with the inner rim of the well. As you expand the well, keep pushing the flour up from the base of the mound to retain the well shape.
The dough will come together when half of the flour is incorporated. At this point, start kneading the dough with both hands, using the palms of your hands.
Once there is a cohesive mass, remove the dough from the board and scrape up and discard any leftover bits. Lightly reflour the board and continue kneading for 6 more minutes. The dough should be elastic and a little sticky.
Wrap the dough in plastic and allow to rest for 30 minutes at room temperature. Next roll it out to sheets
Béchamel cheese sauce
5 tablespoons butter
5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
4 cups milk
2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
6 ounce grated Swiss
6 ounce grated parmesan
4 ounce goat cheese
In a medium saucepan, heat the butter over medium-low heat until melted. Add the flour and stir until smooth. Over medium heat, cook until the mixture turns a light, golden sandy color, about 6 to 7 minutes.
Meanwhile, heat the milk in a separate pan until just about to boil. Add the hot milk to the butter mixture 1 cup at a time, whisking continuously until very smooth. Bring to a boil. Cook 10 minutes, stirring constantly, add cheeses in batches, then remove from heat. Season with salt and nutmeg, and set aside until ready to use.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
recipe, neighborhood eats, lauren glassberg
- Thousands run final mile of Boston Marathon
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain and clouds
- Eyewitness News Live
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Weather puts damper on start of holiday weekend
- Sandy-damaged New York Aquarium reopens this weekend
- 2 killed, 1 missing in upstate New York plane crash
- Long Island 'Hot Dog Hooker' arrested again
- Teen questioned in Queens bus shooting released
- Amanda Bynes speaks out about arrest
- Christie and Snooki face off at Jersey shore 21 min ago
- abcnews: Cruise Passenger Bill of Rights Introduced 27 min ago
- Photos: Circle 7 at GMA's Summer Concert Series
- Photos: Boston Marathon Last Mile