Capt'N Crunch Chicken Fingers at Queens Comfort
ASTORIA (WABC) -- Dinner with a twist! That's the idea behind Queens Comfort, housed in an old diner on 30th avenue in Astoria.
Some of the food is reminiscent of traditional diner fare, but then Donnie D'Alessio and Avery Thompson come up with some quirky combinations too such as Fried Chicken and Eggo Waffles, or the Fried Avocado Sandwich.
The portions are large - you may not have room for the Smores Bread Pudding, but at Queens Comfort they always have room for you.
For more information about the restaurant, please visit queenscomfort.blogspot.com.
Capt'N Crunch Chicken Fingers & Red Chili Bacon Caramel Dipping Sauce
2 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts ( Cut into 8 strips)
2 cups Corn Starch
1/2 cup Flour
1/4 Cup Baking Powder
Mix Dry ingredients and then add
2 Cups Cold Water
The Breading (Combine Panko & Captain Crunch in mixing bowl)
2/3 Cups Ground Panko
2 Cups Ground Captain Crunch
The Dipping Sauce ( Bring all ingredients together in sauce pan on medium heat)
2 Cups Caramel Sauce (store bought or homemade)
2 Table Spoons Sriracha (add more sriracha for more heat)
1 Table Spoon Red Chili Flakes
2 Table Spoons cooked diced bacon (cooked in oven beforehand)
2 Table Spoons water
Slice Chicken into 8 pieces, dip into batter, then into breading. Deep Fry Chicken Fingers 4 at a time at 350 Degrees in canola, or vegetable oil.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
recipe, astoria, queens, neighborhood eats, lauren glassberg
- London theatre roof collapses; Dozens injured 8 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Secret Sales: Last minute holiday gifts
- Bus accident on Route 3 in Clifton
- Photos: Injuries reported in Clifton, NJ bus accident
- Tax trouble for taxi tycoon?
- NYC 's smoking ban to include e-cigarettes 34 min ago
- 4 juveniles charges in possible knockout attacks
- Human error contributed in delay of Ariel Russo 911 response
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved in breach
- Consumer Reports: Nasty Chicken
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos