Phik King Chicken at Honey's Thai Pavilion
PELHAM BAY (WABC) -- Someone from the Fiske family will be on hand whenever you go to Honey's Thai Pavilion - a name inspired by the affection Ellen and Charlie Fiske show each other.
Those working and living in the area are sharing the love, happy that a Thai restaurant has opened in Pelham Bay.
The chefs have been on hand since Honey's opened 4 years ago, turning out noodles, soups, salad and lamb and chicken dishes, Phik King Chicken.
You can find out more about the restaurant at http://www.honeysthaipavilion.com.
Phik King Chicken
Ingredients: (serves 1)
1 chicken breast (sliced)
3 TBS flour
4 TBS vegetable oil
2 TBS phik king curry paste (can purchase in Asian speciality markets)
2 cloves garlic, minced
½ cup sliced carrots
½ cup string beans
½ cup bell peppers, sliced
2 TBS Fish sauce (can be found in Asian speciality markets)
2 Lime leafs ¼ cup Water
Slice chicken breast, dredge in flour and sauté in 2 TBS oil in wok over medium high heat. Once golden brown remove from oil and drain on paper towel.
In same wok, add garlic and remaining oil and phik king paste. Sauté for 1 minute. Add vegetables, sugar, water and fish sauce. cook for another 3 minutes and then return chicken to the wok. Cook for one more minute stirring everything together.
Serve with lime leaf chiffonade (thinly sliced) on top.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
recipe, bronx, neighborhood eats, lauren glassberg
- 4 injured, including child in Bronx fire
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- City Council passes plastic foam, e-cigarette bills
- Over 75 injured in London theatre roof collapse
- String of carjackings in Elizabeth
- Triple stabbing at Stamford High School
- Human error contributed in delay of Ariel Russo 911 response
- Tax trouble for taxi tycoon?
- Photos: Injuries reported in Clifton, NJ bus accident
- Consumer Reports: Nasty Chicken
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved in breach
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos