Poached Chicken Salad at Num Pang
NEW YORK (WABC) -- There are two locations. One is located at 21 E. 12th Street. The other can be found at 140 E. 41st Street. You can learn more about the restaurants at www.numpangnyc.com.
Recipe: Poached Chicken Salad
2 Cups Whole unsalted toasted cashews
1/4 cup Candied Ginger
4 Lemons Lemon Zest
2 Ea. Thai Chili - Split
2 Tbsp. Salt
2 Tbsp. Canola Oil
2 Tbsp. Water
Puree all in a vita prep or blender until completely smooth
For the Chickens:
4 3/4 cups Water
1/4 cup Kosher salt
1/8 pound (45 g) Ginger - Peeled and rough chopped
2 cloves Garlic - smashed
.2 oz. kombu - broken
1/2 heads Fennel - Rough chopped
11 g bunch Thai basil - torn
1. Bring to a boil and remove from heat, let stand 30 minutes.
2. Add chicken legs and bring back to a simmer, covered. Cook slowly for 15 minutes, remove from heat and let sit covered for 30 minutes. Remove legs and reserve.
3. Add chicken breast to the poaching liquid and bring back to a simmer, covered. Remove from heat and let stand 30 minutes. Remove breast and reserve.
4. Carefully remove skin, blot dry and layout on parchment lined sheet trays. Cook in a 325F oven until golden brown and crispy.
5. Pick leg meat and roughly shred. Remove the breasts from the bone and dicesmall.
For the Crispy Chicken Skin:
Clean chicken skin of any herbs and excess fat. Lay out in single layer on parchment lined sheet trays and bake at 325°F for about 15-20 minutes until golden brown and crispy. Remove to paper towel lined trays.
For the Chicken Salad**:
Chopped poached Chicken Meat
½ cup Num Pang Spicy Mayo (see below)
1 lime - Microplaned (for zest) and squeeze juice for salad
2 piches kosher Salt
2 Radishes - cut into small dice
1 Jalapeno - Thinly sliced
3 basil thai basil leaves roughly chopped
Method: Mix all of the ingredients together and reserve for service.
For each the Sandwich:
use hero roll or favorite bread
2 Tbsp. Cashew Butter
4-5 pc Cherry Tomatoes - Split in half
6 oz Chicken Salad
Crispy Chicken Skin - Rough Chopped
Can top with sliced cucumber, pickled carrots, fresh
Spread a thin layer of cashew butter on both sides of the bun. Top the bottom with sliced cucumber, then the chicken salad. Top the chicken with tomatoes, pickled carrots, cilantro and crispy skin.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
recipe, neighborhood eats, lauren glassberg
- Police shoot and kill suspect in Ridgefield, Conn.
- Jersey shore reopens for 1st post-Sandy summer
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain continues
- Eyewitness News Live
- Long Island 'Hot Dog Hooker' arrested again 38 min ago
- Gridlock traffic for Memorial Day weekend getaway 22 min ago
- Teen heading to prom dies in car accident
- Amanda Bynes released after court appearance
- 3 hurt when I-5 bridge collapses into Wash. river
- Bridge collapse calls into question other bridges' safety
- Eats: Camarones Mi Pueblo at Zapata in Palisades
- abcnews: Cleveland Women Can Keep Captor's Dogs
- Photos: Circle 7 at GMA's Summer Concert Series
- Photos: I-5 Skagit River Bridge collapse
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos