Indian Food with a twist
KIPPS BAY, New York (WABC) -- This week in Neighborhood Eats, we visited an Indian restaurant that says it serves up Indian soul food with a twist.
/*Desi Galli*/, located in */Kipps Bay*/, offers a bit of nostalgia for folks serving up Indian street fare like you find in Mumbai, and the name, Desi Galli loosely translates to Indian Lane.
It's fitting, since the restaurant is so narrow. Some folks stay, but most take their food to go.
Makes 8 servings
Batter Method: " Combine all the ingredients of the batter in a bowl using approximately? cup of water " Heat oil on a medium flame for frying " Dip each portion of Vada balls into the batter, coat well and deep fry until golden (drain on paper towel) " Take one Pav bun, slice in half (not all the way) add Vada ball and chutney, and enjoy!
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
recipe, neighborhood eats, lauren glassberg
- AccuWeather: More snow Saturday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Charges expected in fraternity death
- Nassau County police commissioner ousted
- Barrios-Paoli tapped to head health and human services
- Woman twerking serves as lookout for alleged burglar
- Sandy victims turn year of loss into season of giving
- Some from Newtown join vigil at National Cathedral
- Budget vote approved in the House
- Mandela interpreter says he was hallucinating
- Golden Globes nominations announced
- Photos: 60 photos of Golden Globe nominees