Eats: Flat Iron Steak with Sausage
YONKER (WABC) -- This week's Neighborhood Eats is headed to Yonkers for Flat Iron Steak.
Hector Avila's been cooking since he was 14 year when he used to sneak out of his home in Ecaudor to cook at the Chinese restaurant across the street.
Now he's at his brother's restaurant.
Norberto Avila opened route 100 Wine Bar and Grill 4 years ago located right along Central Park Avenue, which is also known as route 100 in Yonkers.
It's one of the main drags in the area so the customers come from nearby or neighboring towns.
The menu is extensive with chicken parmesan, crab cakes, tilapia, homemade desserts with almost all entrees costing $20 or less including the Route 100 steak.
The restaurant is located at
Route 100 Wine Bar & Grill
2211 Central Park Ave.
Rt. 100 Steak
Mix garlic, ½ oz. corn oil, parsley and rosemary. Brush the steak with the mixture and grill at your preferred temperature. (Suggestion Medium Rare)
While grilling the steak you can sautee in ½ oz of corn oil, the sausages for 5 minutes then add mushrooms, onions, peppers and salt to taste
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
recipe, neighborhood eats, lauren glassberg
- Missing plane may have turned back 42 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Violence in Bronx leaves 1 dead, 1 injured
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run
- Noise complaint turns into Queens drug bust
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Proposed teacher layoffs in Newark set off dispute
- Spring forward: Clocks turned ahead one hour 18 min ago
- Stage collapses at California high school: 30-40 hurt
- Sen. Rand Paul wins CPAC presidential straw poll 24 min ago
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Missing plane may have turned back
42 min ago