John Brown's smokehouse rub
LONG ISLAND CITY (WABC) -- If BBQ had a tune, Josh Bowen could play it. He's the man behind John Brown Smokehouse in Long Island City.
John brown was an abolitionist who had nothing to do with BBQ, but josh admired his principles and named his cafeteria-style restaurant for him.
He serves up ribs, the pork belly, the rib tips, the chicken, and the pulled pork sandwiches, but the burnt ends are the biggest seller.
ONLINE: http://www.johnbrownseriousbbq.com/ ---
John Brown's smokehouse rub recipe:
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup raw sugar
1 /4 cup butcher pepper
½ cup paprika
½ cup salt
1/8 cup garlic powder
1/8 cup onion powder
1/8 cup allspice
1/8 cup coffee (ground)
1/8 cup celery seed
1/8 cup chili powder
Combine all ingredients and use for your favorite meat.
Rub on all sides and let sit for at least several hours before grilling or smoking.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
recipe, long island city, neighborhood eats, lauren glassberg
- Americans on board missing flight ID'd
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday 9 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Mayor de Blasio continues to rally for universal Pre-K 2 min ago
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Man in coma after Long Island City hit and run
- Photo released of Queens bank robbery suspect
- Hicksville car crash kills 81-year old woman
- Newtown to DC bike ride to push for gun control
- Mom accused of driving into surf with kids goes to court
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
9 min ago