Celebrate Hanukkah with Kutsher's creative cuisine
TRIBECA (WABC) -- Just like the well-known community in the Catskills that attracted Jewish families every summer years ago, Kutsher's is serving up nostalgic Jewish American comfort food&with a twist.
Zach Kutsher's menu has all of the traditional dishes, including matzo ball soup and pastrami sandwiches. But when it comes to latkes, the eatery's potato pancakes are anything but plain. There's a different version for every night of Hanukkah.
Visit Kutscher's website at www.kutsherstribeca.com.
Kutscher's Potato Latkes
With Peking duck, cucumber, scallion and sesame hoisin
5 potatoes 2 eggs 3 egg yolks 1 cup Spanish onion, grated and drained 1 cup scallions, white part only sliced into thin rounds 1/4 cup Matzo meal 1 Tbs. salt Pinch of cream of tartar Canola oil and/or schmaltz for frying
1 Chinese roasted duck 1 English cucumber, peeled and julienned 1 cup scallions, julienned
1 cup hoisin sauce 2 Tbs. sesame oil 1 Tsp. sambal chili sauce 1/2 Tsp. five spice powder 2 Tbs. shaoxing win
1. Julienne the potatoes on a mandolin.
2. Mix the next seven ingredients together.
3. Combine with the potatoes.
4. Fry in oil or schmaltz in small mounds until crisp and brown on both sides.
5. Keep warm in a 150-degree oven.
6. Slice the duck into wedges so that each piece of meat has a piece of skin attached.
7. To serve, top each latke with a teaspoon of sauce, and on that, place a few pieces of cucumber and scallion, place a slice of duck on top of each and a small drizzle of the sauce for garnish.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
recipe, hanukkah, triBeCa, neighborhood eats, lauren glassberg
- Victim in possible NYC 'knockout game' attack speaks out
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Wallington firefighter killed in blaze to be laid to rest
- Demolition underway after NJ fire; Questions linger
- Photos: Jersey City row home fire
- Sketch released of suspect in Queens attempted luring
- Baby critical after DWI firefighter hits pregnant woman
- Man stiffs livery cab driver, punches him in the face
- Obama's warnings brushed aside by Russia's Vladimir Putin
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- $270 million up for grabs in Friday Mega Millions drawing
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos