Celebrate Hanukkah with Kutsher's creative cuisine
TRIBECA (WABC) -- Just like the well-known community in the Catskills that attracted Jewish families every summer years ago, Kutsher's is serving up nostalgic Jewish American comfort food&with a twist.
Zach Kutsher's menu has all of the traditional dishes, including matzo ball soup and pastrami sandwiches. But when it comes to latkes, the eatery's potato pancakes are anything but plain. There's a different version for every night of Hanukkah.
Visit Kutscher's website at www.kutsherstribeca.com.
Kutscher's Potato Latkes
With Peking duck, cucumber, scallion and sesame hoisin
5 potatoes 2 eggs 3 egg yolks 1 cup Spanish onion, grated and drained 1 cup scallions, white part only sliced into thin rounds 1/4 cup Matzo meal 1 Tbs. salt Pinch of cream of tartar Canola oil and/or schmaltz for frying
1 Chinese roasted duck 1 English cucumber, peeled and julienned 1 cup scallions, julienned
1 cup hoisin sauce 2 Tbs. sesame oil 1 Tsp. sambal chili sauce 1/2 Tsp. five spice powder 2 Tbs. shaoxing win
1. Julienne the potatoes on a mandolin.
2. Mix the next seven ingredients together.
3. Combine with the potatoes.
4. Fry in oil or schmaltz in small mounds until crisp and brown on both sides.
5. Keep warm in a 150-degree oven.
6. Slice the duck into wedges so that each piece of meat has a piece of skin attached.
7. To serve, top each latke with a teaspoon of sauce, and on that, place a few pieces of cucumber and scallion, place a slice of duck on top of each and a small drizzle of the sauce for garnish.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
recipe, hanukkah, triBeCa, neighborhood eats, lauren glassberg
- Sketch released of suspect in Hoboken sex assault 11 min ago
- AccuWeather: March Roller Coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Fed investigators probe Port Authority chairman
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn
- Missing Brooklyn boy found safe on subway
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Malaysian plane mystery continues
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Oheka Castle owner speaks out in video
- Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp closure begins 52 min ago
- Phil Jackson likely taking Knicks job, ESPN reports
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident