Eggs Benewitch at My Kitchen Witch
MONMOUTH BEACH, N.J. (WABC) -- Maybe it was magic or just a lot of hard work, but after Superstorm Sandy shut it down, My Kitchen Witch is flying again.
Karen Jarmer is the Kitchen Witch - a nickname for her inventiveness when she used to cater for TV and movies in New York.
She opened her cafe 8 years ago when she was ready to return home to the shore at Monmouth Beach, New Jersey to serve up home cooking.
Despite the biscuits, pancakes and French toast, donuts and larger than life cupcakes, Karen is conscientious of health.
Take the Eggs Benewitch, which uses artichoke spread in lieu of the hollandaise sauce.
Learn more about the restaurant at mykitchenwitch.com.
My Kitchen Witch Eggs Benewitch
Ingredients: (serves 4)
Fresh olive bread
eggs (2 per person)
6 artichoke hearts
¾ cups lemon juice
Arugula (1 bunch serve 4 people)
Slice olive bread- two slices per person and warm in hot pan with butter
For artichoke puree, combine artichoke hearts and lemon juice in cuisinart, pulse until pureed.
Meanwhile, poach eggs, two per person
Spread artichoke puree on grilled olive bread, top with arugula and place one poached egg on each slice. Serve with a side of hash browns.
recipe, neighborhood eats, lauren glassberg
- Person of interest in custody in Flatbush shooting
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Chelsea Clinton announces she is pregnant
- NY cabbie accused of not paying $28,000 in tolls
- Fraternity shuts Ole Miss branch after noose tying
- Police investigating East Harlem hit and run
- 8 mumps cases at Stevens Institute in Hoboken
- Cuomo announces deal between MTA and Union
- Bodega worker fatally shot in Brooklyn
- Blind marathoner will run to raise money for guide dog
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos