Camarones Mi Pueblo at Zapata in Palisades - Neighborhood Eats
PALISADES (WABC) -- Adolfo Godinez Jr. father opened Zapata Mexican Restaurant in Palisades a little more than 9 years ago.
Zapata is named for the Mexican revolutionary.
On the menu you'll find traditional dishes like fajitas, flautas, enchiladas, salsa verde and some creative options like the cactus salad or the Camarones Mi Pueblo.
You can discover more about the restaurant at www.zapatapalisades.com.
Recipe: Camarones mi pueblo
1 tomato (chopped)
1 1/2 onions (chopped)
1 small bunch of Cilantro (chopped)
6 shrimp (large) (remove shells, keep tails on)
4 TBLS of butter
1 shot of tequila
1 tsp Adobo
In one pan, over medium-low heat, sauté one chopped onion with the sliced jalapenos. Let this cook for about 10-15 minutes, until the onions are slightly carmelized.
In another pan, over mean heat, sauté the remaining half-chopped onion along with the chopped tomato. Cook for about 3 minutes and add shrimp and butter. Cook shrimp about 2 minutes and then add the tequila (watch out for the flame). Cook down for another 2-3 minutes, add the adobo and sprinkle with the cilantro.
Layer a plate with the onions and jalapenos from the first pan. Then add ingredients from the second pan on top. Serve with rice and beans.
recipe, neighborhood eats, lauren glassberg
- House fire in New Brunswick 3 min ago
- AccuWeather: Brisk And Cold 38 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Photos: New Brunswick, New Jersey house fire 3 min ago
- Baruch College student dies in apparent frat ritual 7 min ago
- George Washington Bridge reopens for morning commute 51 min ago
- Mother charged with murder in Baby Angel case
- Photos: Luxury car theft ring bust in NYC
- Bipolar teen missing from Suffolk County
- De Blasio says family will live in Gracie Mansion
- Photos: A look at Gracie Mansion
- George Zimmerman will not face assault charges, prosecutors say
- Photos: Time's Person of the Year: The unchosen
- George Washington Bridge reopens for...
51 min ago
- Baruch College student dies in apparent...
7 min ago
- AccuWeather: Brisk And Cold
38 min ago