Neighborhood Eats: Gran Electrica in Brooklyn
BROOKLYN (WABC) -- This week's Neighborhood Eats we take a look at a Mexican restaurant in Dumbo, Brooklyn.
Elise and Tamer loved living in Dumbo, one of Brooklyn's most beautiful places, but didn't think there were a ton of places to eat.
So they opened a spot for the locals to love called Gran Electrica. It's inspired by a electric day of the dead skeleton, Mexican artwork that's used in the restaurants custom, Brooklyn made wallpaper. The food type in the restaurant is Mexican as well.
PESCADO AL MOJO DE AJO
Let fish temper while oven pre-heats to 500 degrees.
Slice three garlic cloves super fine with a mandolin. Cook in olive oil over med/low heat until crisp and lightly browned. Drain and lay out to dry. Reserve oil and blend with remaining garlic until smooth.
Pat fish dry with paper towels and season fish inside and out with salt and pepper. Heat more olive oil in pan over med/high heat. When oil is almost smoking turn off flame and add fish to pan then transfer immediately to oven. Cook for 7 to 9 minutes depending on size of fish then its ready for plating.
Add 2 tbs of the garlic oil to a pan with butter, lime and salt to taste. Finish sauce with chopped parley and pour over fish.
Garnish with garlic chips, sea salt and a lime wedge - serve with seasoned Anson Mills long grain rice.
recipe, neighborhood eats, lauren glassberg
- Off-duty NYPD officer stabbed in neck in Brooklyn
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Cops suspended, they say for serving in military
- Subway service impacted after officer injured in Brooklyn
- Third grader killed in accident, truck driver charged
- Man stabbed on 2 train in Bronx
- President Obama says 2013 hasn't been so bad
- Teen dead, 2 sisters critical in Brooklyn fire
- Father in Army reunites with son in kindergarten class 44 min ago
- Volunteers give Vietnam Vet special holiday gift
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos