Politics & Elections
Pedro Espada responds to Cuomo claims
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Up Close's Diana Williams sits down with embattled state Senator Pedro Espada.
Espada discusses the charges levied against him in a civil lawsuit by New York Attorney General Andrew Cuomo. Espada says he has done nothing wrong and accuses Cuomo of trying to discredit him to help the gubernatorial hopeful's political aspiration.
Then, we are joined by a political expert to help break down the situation and see how these charges will affect both parties.
Finally, we're talking rubber rooms and measures taken by New York City recently to eliminate the holding rooms for teachers awaiting disciplinary hearings. They sometimes sat for months in waiting, all while still receiving paychecks.
You can watch this week's episode of Up Close above.
up close, politics & elections, diana williams
- Bus accident on Route 3 in Clifton 35 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos 3 min ago
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved in breach
- Consumer Reports: Nasty Chicken
- 10 hurt when NJ Transit bus, cab collide in Newark
- Human error contributed in delay of Ariel Russo 911 response
- Photos: Injuries reported in Clifton, NJ bus accident 34 min ago
- Annual 'Pokey,' 'Schleppie' awards for MTA bus service
- Rangel announces run for 23rd term
- Jersey City main breaks; boil water advisory in effect
- Screw Magazine publisher Al Goldstein dies at 77
- Georgia winner of Mega Millions jackpot comes forward
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos