Politics & Elections
Pedro Espada responds to Cuomo claims
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Up Close's Diana Williams sits down with embattled state Senator Pedro Espada.
Espada discusses the charges levied against him in a civil lawsuit by New York Attorney General Andrew Cuomo. Espada says he has done nothing wrong and accuses Cuomo of trying to discredit him to help the gubernatorial hopeful's political aspiration.
Then, we are joined by a political expert to help break down the situation and see how these charges will affect both parties.
Finally, we're talking rubber rooms and measures taken by New York City recently to eliminate the holding rooms for teachers awaiting disciplinary hearings. They sometimes sat for months in waiting, all while still receiving paychecks.
You can watch this week's episode of Up Close above.
up close, politics & elections, diana williams
- Teen fatally shot on Queens bus identified
- AccuWeather: Showers Show Up
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Authorities: Hofstra student killed by police
- $590M Powerball: 1 winning ticket sold in Florida 58 min ago
- Three males wounded after shooting in Bedford-Stuyvesant
- U.S. Air plane makes belly landing at Newark Airport
- Official: Broken rail eyed in Metro North crash
- Vito Lopez says he will resign effective Monday
- Pacers knock out Knicks with win in Game 6
- Photos: Belly landing at Newark Airport
- Photos: Metro North trains collide in Connecticut
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers