Politics & Elections
Pedro Espada responds to Cuomo claims
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Up Close's Diana Williams sits down with embattled state Senator Pedro Espada.
Espada discusses the charges levied against him in a civil lawsuit by New York Attorney General Andrew Cuomo. Espada says he has done nothing wrong and accuses Cuomo of trying to discredit him to help the gubernatorial hopeful's political aspiration.
Then, we are joined by a political expert to help break down the situation and see how these charges will affect both parties.
Finally, we're talking rubber rooms and measures taken by New York City recently to eliminate the holding rooms for teachers awaiting disciplinary hearings. They sometimes sat for months in waiting, all while still receiving paychecks.
You can watch this week's episode of Up Close above.
up close, politics & elections, diana williams
- Yonkers fire injures family of four 10 min ago
- AccuWeather: Still Some Slick Spots!
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Residents warned to look out for black ice
- Avonte's mother continues search with new headquarters
- Limited 7 train service on entire line
- Tourist who lost leg in taxi crash sues city
- Man struck and killed by car on LIE
- Flu shots could be mandatory for NYC kids
- Photos: Nelson Mandela Memorial Service
- Photos: Viewer snow storm pictures
- WestJet plays Santa to 250 lucky passengers
- Photos: Technology Gift Guide