Politics & Elections
Up Close: Queens congressional candidates
NEW YORK (WABC) -- This week, a conversation with three Democratic candidates for New York's 6th congressional district in Queens.
We are continuing our series of discussions with the candidates in next month's New York congressional primary.
One of the more closely watched races is going on in Queens.
It's for the redrawn 6th congressional district, covering the central and northeastern part of the borough.
Most of the area is represented by Congressman Gary Ackerman, who is retiring.
Joining us are three candidates running in the Democratic primary.
They are Elizabeth Crowley, City Councilwoman from Glendale.
Grace Meng, New York State Assemblywoman from Flushing.
And Rory Lancman, Assemblywoman from the Hillcrest-Fresh Meadows area.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
up close, politics & elections, diana williams
- Teen shot, apparently by brother, in Queens 9 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Rescuers continue scouring rubble in East Harlem
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Long Island cab driver accused of exposing himself to girl
- Woman steals Dorothy's ruby slippers from SI hotel
- Jersey City fire victims to be laid to rest Friday
- Plane's nose gear collapses at Philadelphia airport
- Photos: Pictures from PHL after landing gear collapse
- Man in 'Modern Family' star groping appears in court
- $353 million up for grabs in Mega Millions drawing Friday